Tuesday, November 22, 2011

MIleage and Races

We're two weeks in at this point, and a lot of people seem concerned that we're just doing workouts without any base. To allay your concerns, I wanted to let you know that I've gone 46 & 33 mpw for the past two weeks including a six-day trip to New Orleans. I know, I know...this mileage is dangerously high. Sam, how can you possibly stay injury-free when you're pounding out 33 mile weeks?

This week I'll probably be just shy of 60 and am planning on going up consistently from there. Steve hit 51 and 41 for the past few weeks according to my records.

Since I'm running Boston, my next 19 weeks will hopefully look something like this: 60, 60, 65, 70, 75, 70, 75, 80, 85, 70, 75, 85, 90, 85, 95, 90, 100, 50, 30. The original plan was to find a race in June, July, and August. If I take May easy with some sharpening toward the end, it may be more prudent to do two June races to hit a fast one in July.

Potential races (these don't have official dates yet):

June 10, Boston: NB Twilight #4
June 23-24, Rochester: USATF Niagara Champs
July 7-8, ?: USATF Club Champs
Late July, Syracuse: Time Trial
Early August, Syracuse: Time Trial

No comments:

Post a Comment